Usually this scenario comes up when Accountant wants to share information i.e. Stock, Ledger / Transaction information to Business.
Currently this happens over email / shared excel sheets.
Advantages of using Tallyplug format as an exchange medium
- Tallyplug preserves the Tally© structure and hence data exported from one point can be imported into another seamlessly.
- Tallplug ensures that data entry only happens at one point and multiple operations do not happen on the same data.
- Reduces the work effort in validating, re entering information at multiple points.
- Master export and import is supported via excel only.
- Voucher / Transactional data is supported via excel and xml formats.
Exporting XML data from Tally:
- Please refer to the steps mentioned inside Tallyplug
- Goto -> Menu -> Voucher -> Import -> Import Slides
- Please follow the steps and export XML format. This export is compatible with Tallyplug import.
- So to share XML with your client and avoid duplication this mechanism can be used.
Exporting XML data from Tallyplug:
- Goto Voucher -> Listing -> XML Button (Left Top) -> Click
Importing XML data into Tallyplug:
- Goto Voucher -> Import -> XML Tab -> Upload
Exporting excel data from Tallyplug:
- Enter master information i.e. Ledger / Stock into Tallyplug
- Enter transaction information i.e. Sales, Purchase, Payment, Receipt etc into Tallyplug.
- To export Stock info excel goto -> Menu -> Stock -> Listing -> Choose All Groups -> Export.
- To export Ledger info excel goto -> Menu -> Ledger -> Listing -> Select Category -> Export.
- To export transaction / vouchers -> Menu -> Voucher -> Listing -> Export
- Now you can share the exported excel via email / whatsapp to your Accountant.
Importing excel data into Tallyplug:
- For Ledger import -> Menu -> Ledger -> Import -> Upload
- For Stock import -> Menu -> Stock -> Import -> Upload
- For Voucher import -> Menu -> Voucher -> Import -> XLS Tab -> Upload
* Please not voucher sharing by excel mode does not preserve the voucher unique identifier and hence resolves in new entries on the receiver side.
Using Pearnode Connector:
- Register with pearnode.
- Purchase a subscription.
- Use the licensed user to log into Tallyplug i.e Header -> Top Right -> Login button
- Share the user details with your Accountant so that they can log in using same method.
- Goto Menu -> Config -> Pearnode -> Map Profile -> Update.
- Now both the systems should be connected in live sync mode.
- Any updates that you do should reflect with your Accountant.
- Any update done by your Accountant should reflect with your Tallyplug.
Enjoy Tallyplug and share your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org